The Manufactures Standardization Society (MSS) has announced the following six revised standards and one new publication:
- MSS SP-42-2013, Corrosion-Resistant Gate, Globe, Angle, and Check Valves with Flanged and Butt Weld Ends (Classes 150, 300, & 600)
- MSS SP-61-2013, Pressure Testing of Valves
- MSS SP-81-2013, Stainless-Steel or Stainless-Steel-Lined, Bonnetless, Knife Gate Valves with Flanged Ends
- MSS SP-123-2013, Non-Ferrous Threaded and Solder-Joint Unions for Use with Copper Water Tube
- MSS SP-126-2013, In-Line, Spring-Assisted, Center-Guided Check Valves (Carbon, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel, & Nickel Alloys)
- MSS SP-130-2013, Bellows Seals for Instrument Valves
Note: SP-81-2013 and SP-126-2013 includes a revised title.
MSS SP-145-2013, Metal Ball Valves for Low Pressure/Low Temperature Plumbing Applications
Summary: This Standard Practice establishes requirements for ball valves with CWP ratings; including pressure-temperature ratings, materials, design, dimensions, marking, and testing.
All Standard Practices are available from MSS and through authorized distributors. A listing is available at: http://mss-hq.org/Store/orderinfo.cfm.