- Published on Monday, 30 March 2015 10:46
The Siemens SIPART PS2 Valve Positioner demonstrates the versatility and reliability that you have come to expect from Siemens. While Siemens leads the market with safe, uninterrupted performance, we’re striving to develop new technologies to meet the changing market needs and expectations.
With that in mind, this year we are introducing new functionalities to our SIPART PS2 Valve Positioner:
- Fail in Place Technology – Traditionally, upon loss of power to a valve positioner, the device will fail to the zero position. Our new, optional Fail-in-Place (FIP) feature causes the valve to remain in the last position when it loses power. This is particularly useful in damper control applications, but can also be beneficial for critical process control valves.
- HART 7 Updates for PS2 – We are releasing new diagnostic features and control improvements via the HART Communication protocol update. The key feature in this update is a Valve Performance Test (VPT), which provides hysteresis, non-linearity, non-repeatability, maximum measured error, and inaccuracy up/down. This test will provide a baseline as well as current data on your valve that will help you plan upcoming maintenance on your equipment.
- Integral Volume Booster – Volume boosters are typically mounted externally to the valve positioner and are used to boost air flow to the actuator. Our unique Integral Volume Booster (IVB) directly connects to the SIPART PS2 and eliminates a majority of the fittings and pipe bending required to mount standard external volume boosters. This reduction in piping, fittings and labor helps reduce the overall cost of ownership.
- Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 13:08
Victaulic has updated its StrengThin™ Piping System with the addition of the Series 466 plug valve and the redesigned Style D08 coupling. The StrengThin System, a high-pressure piping system for balance-of-plant applications in desalination facilities, enables direct pipe-end preparation of schedule 10S and schedule 20 super austenitic, duplex and super duplex stainless steel pipe, reducing the need for welding and flanging. The system facilitates faster pipe fabrication and field installation, improves safety and reduces project costs.
For more information, visit www.victaulic.com
- Published on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 12:24
Saint-Gobain Seals releases two new product handbooks: OmniSeal® spring-energized seals (US or EU) and Meldin® HT thermoplastic materials, which have been formatted and designed for engineering, procurement, sales and management to easily identify sealing and polymer solutions in one document. The product handbooks have been redesigned to enhance user interface.
Saint-Gobain Seals’ comprehensive OmniSeal® product handbook was first given out to attendees at Valve World 2014 in Düsseldorf, Germany, where their new, single-stem sealing solution reducing fugitive emissions was officially launched for the oil & gas market. The Meldin® HT product handbook was given out at CTI Symposium in Berlin, Germany, where Saint-Gobain Performance L+S GmbH exhibited their automotive solutions (seal rings, thrust washers and bearings) for transmissions. The release of the Meldin® HT product handbook was timely as L+S’ injection molded products were formally integrated into the new Meldin® 4000 series and included in the handbook.
For more information, visit www.seals.saint-gobain.com
- Published on Wednesday, 03 December 2014 09:52
DeZURIK/APCO/Hilton introduces the APCO ASU Combination Air Valve. This single body combination valve features a patented air release and air/vacuum mechanism that is specifically designed to deal with media containing grit, solids and grease.
The unique design provides varied and predictable air flow over a wide range of air release conditions. A large diameter Air/Vacuum Disc provides high volume air flow for rapid venting during pipeline filling and allows high volumes of air to enter the pipeline during draining. During normal pipeline flow conditions, the dual-range air release design prevents air build up and resultant flow restrictions under changing conditions and through the full flow range.
For more information, visit www.dezurik.com
- Published on Thursday, 20 November 2014 11:31
ValvTechnologies, Inc. announces the development and release of ValvTechclopedia™, the new free app for Android and Apple devices. This app allows the user to learn more about industry applications, browse ValvTechnologies’ products as well as offers a glossary of industry terms. ValvTechclopedia™ is built to adapt to both Apple and Android devices including iPhone, iPad, Android and Android tablet.
The functionality of the ValvTechclopedia™ app is fine-tuned for the mobile audience and allows for offline browsing and viewing. Download the free ValvTechclopedia™ app for Android in the Google Play store and for IOS in iTunes.
For more information, visit www.valv.com