VMA is presenting a one-day version of its popular Valves, Actuators & Controls 101 educational program on July 14, the day before Valve World Americas Expo & Conference. This event is the showcase for the flow control industry in the Americas. A technical program covers a variety of valve and valve-related topics essential in today’s marketplace. Plenary sessions will include hot topics such as the future of shale gas and the overall outlook for energy while workshops will focus closely on specific subjects such as cryogenic applications, valve testing, materials specification and much more.
Members of VMA are among the many manufacturers, suppliers, fabricators and distributors who will be showcasing the latest products and services at the expo, but VMA’s involvement extends beyond exhibits, speakers and workshop leaders.
VMA President Bill Sandler is on the steering committee for the conference, helped set some of the topics and will present at the conference. And, due to the success of a previous one-day presentation of the Valves, Actuators & Controls 101 course, VMA and its experienced presenters are making a return appearance at the same location, Tuesday, July 14, the day before the expo and conference open. This condensed version of VMA’s longer basics education program is designed for industry newcomers and others who could use a refresher on valve, actuator and control basics.
Topics to be covered include a brief overview of the valve industry, end-user applications, standards, basic piping information, pressure ratings and classes, as well as application issues critical to effective valve application and usage. The different types of valves and actuators are covered, along with what affects selection for the various applications in which they are used.
Who Should Attend?
- Employees at plants and facilities that use valves, actuators and controls – especially newcomers to the industry
- Experienced professionals with knowledge of one specific product type but in need of an overview of the entire spectrum of valves, actuators and controls
- Personnel from EPC or AEC firms who are involved with specifying valves
- Distributors and manufacturers’ reps who sell these products
- New employees at valve, actuator and control companies
- Companies that provide supplies and services to the industry
- And anyone who could use a refresher course on valves, actuators and controls!
Attendees will receive a printed manual with copies of all slides from presenters, a Certificate of Completion, suitable for framing or for your personnel files, a lunch voucher and afternoon drinks and snacks along with an invitation to attend the exhibit hall opening reception of Valve World Americas Expo 2015.